Friday, April 10, 2009

Tired

It's funny. I wanted to post last night about how sleepy I get, but I fell asleep. For some reason I get so tired here. I guess I sleep all the time, even in the states. But it is even worse here. Its not even 9pm now, but I could probably fall asleep. Thank goodness I haven't had to do anything major this week. Lol I have been waking up at noon or so since Tuesday. Its kinda ridiculous, but I like it. 10+ hours of sleep a night. Its gonna be rough when I have to wake up, make the hour commute to school, AND get to class by 9:15. Thankfully I still have 2 more mornings to sleep in!

I wonder if the exhaustion is from the culture shock or if it is getting used to the hustle of the city. For one, I've been walking more lately than I ever have in my entire life. The people here are used to it and run all over the place. I can't believe how much energy they have, even the jichans and bachans (grandparents). But I also think being sleepy and lethargic is a symptom of getting used to a new culture.

I've been having some really sad or weird dreams lately too. They probably aren't helping my sleep cycle.

But this morning I woke up like 3 or more times. I kept telling myself to go back to sleep and not wake up till 12:30. Lol it felt like I was sleeping for an entire day. It was so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment