Friday, April 24, 2009

Food and Such

I realize how cheap I've been with my meals. I don't eat breakfast here (or in the US), but it only costs me like $7 a day to eat lunch and dinner. Haha. I can get lunch at school for between $2.50-4.50. And pretty much every dinner I make costs $3 or under. Lol. Its pretty ridiculous. My goal is to stay under $8 a day for lunch, dinner, snacks, and drinks.

At school I can get udon/soba/ramen for under $3.50. They sell gyuu don (meat over rice) for $3.50 and big plate lunches for $4.50. Curry for the same and pastas and stuff. I've been getting quick food lately. Like sandwiches, yakisoba, sushi rice, karage chicken in a hotdog bun. Haha. All of those are priced under $2.50. They have really good onigiris too. They're only $1 a piece, but like someone said "it's like playing russian roulette," you really can't tell what you are going to get. I pick at random since I cannot read the kanji. Usually my decision is based on how many of each are left. I figure the most popular ones are worth a shot.

For dinner I have made a variety of dishes. Fried rice, tarako spaghetti, karage chicken, french toast, ramen, udon, gyuu don, gyoza, etc for a little over $2. There is microwavable rice at the 99 store, so it is a lifesaver! I usually have a salad or some type of vegetable. Lol, I used to buy a lot of bread and desserts before. Now I am limiting it to the weekends. There is no reason to eat an excessive amount of extra sweet stuff. I pretty much try something new everyday though.

I must admit that I love the milk with artificial coffee flavoring. It is soo sweetened and good. If any of my co-workers at Starbucks heard this, I would totally not get rehired. Haha. I don't really like coffee, but I really like the Asian version that's not actually coffee at all :)

I know I've lost weight since I got here. My portions are more controlled and I know I eat less. I noticed today that my jeans are loose too. I guess that's the benefit of walking so much and eating less. This is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment