Monday, April 6, 2009

Paperwork

Today was a day devoted toward navigating some of Japan's immigration bureaucracies. Since I am here over a month, me and everyone else studying here have to register as aliens. Fill out some some forms with our personal information. It's not that hard, but to get a cell phone or set up a bank account here you need to have proof that you are legitimate.

Three of us went to city hall in our city of residence (Warabi). It reminded me of the government office in my hometown. It was really small and busy. There were no gaijins (foreigners) waiting when we got there. However a few minutes after we arrived 12 other exchange students from our dorm showed up. It was kinda funny and sad at the same time. The two people working at the desk were kinda freaking out with the influx of foreigners. One guy especially was trying to be efficient and fast. He was on the bigger side and kept running back and forth. I thought we were going to give him a heart attack.

I am now on my way to FINALLY getting a phone and bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment