Monday, April 6, 2009

Meeting People

For the last couple of days I have gone out of my way to meet new people. Unless I am eating out, every lunch and dinner I bring my food down to the dinning area. Pretty much every time I've met someone new. I talk to anyone that's around and go out with whoever is doing something. I've met some really nice people that live here.

It's weird. There seems to be an unusual disproportionate number of girls studying here than there are guys. But the people in my dorm are from all over. China, France, Netherlands, Australia, New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Boston, I don't even know where else.

I must admit, this is a little out of character for me. I tend to be the quiet one. I like to think that I am fun, but not necessarily the outgoing person, not the life of the party.

I've also talked to some people that I wouldn't necessarily associate myself with in the states. I have met some nerds and Asian-wannabes. But they are people too. I should probably give everyone more of the benefit of the doubt when I go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment