Monday, March 30, 2009

ひとりで (Alone) (3/29)

Last night I went on my first excursion alone. Travis had to get out of my dorm by 6pm and he left to bring stuff to his hotel, one train-stop over in Kawaguchi. We wanted to meet up for dinner, but since neither of us have cell phones yet, meeting at my dorm was out of the question. The only option left was for me to go to Travis' hotel and have the front desk call his room once I got there. So that was our plan.

I must mention that as Reese, my mom, or actually any of my friends would tell you, I am directionally challenged. At home I get lost in malls all the time. And at one point in the trip Travis said that he was scared for me to ride alone, since I can never remember where we are getting off/transfering. So with that, I couldn't believe I was going to have to make the trek alone: to a hotel I've never seen, at a stop we had not gotten off at...

Travis sent me VERY specific directions, but I was not comforted. With my history and the problems we had finding my dorm, the chances of me getting there looked bleak. By the time I left, it was already dark outside and that much harder to remember where to go. Bad idea to leave after the sun already went down...

I made the first turn and after walking three blocks I did not see the traffic light that I was supposed to take a right at. In fact, I did not see any lights...I turned all the way around and realized that i started walking the wrong way from the beginning. How was I ever supposed to make it?

I surprised myself though and somehow managed to get to the train station without any major detours. I bought my train ticket all by myself rode the train to Kawaguchi (the next stop) and thankfully I found his hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment